Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Monday, March 14, 2011

Setting a place for five

As I started to set the table for dinner tonight, I involuntarily got out six plates.  Then I caught myself, put one plate back, and soberly thought about how life has changed in the Wright household.  

I still cannot fathom how I have a child who is old enough to be in college, yet somehow, it has happened.   Daniel was home last week on Spring Break and actually had dinner with us almost ever night.  It felt so good.   Dinner in our home is never quiet and many nights we just laughed and laughed.  Nicholas was doing something silly, or Rachel got tickled about something, or maybe it was just that it felt right for all six of us to be sitting down together. 

I realize these times are precious.  Daniel was the first gone and soon it will be Rachel and before you know it, Lisa and I will be having dinner just the two of us.  But, that will not be for several years.  So for now I will try to enjoy the time I have with my kids while I have them.

So, I set five plates out, and we had dinner together.   And it was good.  But maybe I'll go send Daniel a text now, just to say hi.
What a nice looking college freshman!


No comments: