Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Comic Book Bible

When I was a kid, my family purchased The Picture Bible for All Ages by Iva Hoth, illustrated by Andre LeBlanc.  What an amazing find!  The Bible in comic book form!   Since I loved comics and I was learning about God in church, this was perfect for me.  I remember reading this black and white 6-volume set over and over and over again.   I learned the flow of the Bible and most of the major and minor Bible stories from these books.  Granted, it didn't cover everything in the Bible, and some "adult" themes were watered down a bit for young children (as it probably should be), but it fostered in me a love of the Bible and a desire to learn more.

Imagine my delight to learn recently that these volumes were combined into one book in the 90's, and colorized! You can buy it from Amazon.com or probably from any major bookseller.

I heartily recommend this to anyone wanting to help foster a love of the Bible in their children.  I probably will not get the newer colored version, but am trying to track down where my family's older version is, so that I can pass on to my younger kids to read.

Here is a picture of the colorized version.
The colorized Picture Bible.
And here are the 6 volumes I remember as a child.

The Picture Bible for All Ages Volume 1 Creation Genesis 1 to Exodus 19
The Picture Bible for All Ages Volume 2 The Promised Land Exodus 20 to 1 Samuel 16
The Picture Bible for All Ages Volume 3 Kings and Prophets 1 Samuel 16 to 1 Kings 21
The Picture Bible for All Ages Volume 4 The Captivity 1 Kings 21 to Malachi
The Picture Bible for All Ages Volume 5 Jesus Matthew to John
The Picture Bible for All Ages Volume 6 The Church Acts to Revelation

No comments: