Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Parenting happens best on a Thursday: Tip #3

I'm a little late posting a parenting tip tonight as I spent the day, well,  parenting.  I was a Watchdog at Echo Lake Elementary School today.  If you are not familiar with WATCH D.O.G.S., check out the link.  It is a great program I have been participating in at my kids' school for several years.  There are currently ZERO men teachers at the school and this program attempts to have at least one man (dad, uncle, grandpa, etc.) at the school every day, and I believe Echo Lake has succeeded this year to date.  It is great to have a male influence there in the kids' lives.

I helped kids get out of their car as they arrived, went to PE, helped draw turtles in Art, was a lunch monitor for kindergarteners, got to work the Promethean board for a word game, saw Nicholas and Patrick practice for a play, files books at the library and had a ball high-fiving kids as they walked by and yelled "Hey Watchdog!"   Fathers, get involved!   Wow that could have been the tip of the day right there.  But, on to something else....

Tip #3:  Have dinner as a family, as often as you can, as long as you can.

I know lives get busy, but try to do this every day.  We have always made a point of doing dinner together.  It is a time for us to hear about everyone's day and just spend some time together.  I believe quantity time together is just as important as quality time together.  And there is food involved.  Nothing can go wrong with that!

Here are some random shots of the Wrights eating together.



 


 

No comments: