Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sailing with Daisy


In January 2011, our family went on our second Disney Cruise.   With a special Kids Sail Free promotion and plenty of Disney Dollars built up, we were able to do this fairly cheaply.   It was the first major vacation that we have gone on without Daniel (so a little guilt here) but the rest of us had a most perfect time.  It was one of the smoothest, most relaxing and fun vacations we have had yet.

I'm not going to do a full out cruise report but will hit the major highlights.

First of all, I love Walt Disney World.   I love cruising.  Put them together and you get a most delightful time for me.  We had considered some other cruiselines this time, but in my opinion based on previous experience, nothing beats out Disney regarding an ultimate cruise trip.

We left Friday driving down to Florida and set sail out of Port Canaveral Saturday afternoon.   As this was my 43rd birthday, I received a wonderful gift!   The itinerary was Sun and Mon at sea, Tues at St. Maarten, Wed at St. Thomas, Thurs at sea, Fri at Disney's Castaway Cay, Bahamas and Sat back to Port Canaveral.

Here are some trip highlights!

*** Time with Daisy Duck!  My favorite character, I always look for photo ops!

*** Delicious Food.


*** St. Maarten.  Shopping and hanging out on the beautiful beaches.

*** SeaTrek in St. Thomas.   We put on these big helmets, went underwater and saw the beauty of the ocean.  And I never really felt any terror of shark attacks!!!!

*** Castaway Cay.  One of the best places to go in the Bahamas.  Disney does it up right!

*** Cast of characters.
*** Just fun family time!


And here is the seat we saved for Daniel for the next trip!!

No comments: