Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Popping some toxic pills


I was slightly amused to notice that on the most recent batch of meds I received last week is a sticker that warns "Toxic.  Dispose as a biohazard."  Now usually one avoids toxic things; however, I pop a "toxic" pill daily, and am usually very thankful for it.  In case you didn't know, I was diagnosed with leukemia almost five years ago and have been on this medication all this time.

I usually receive a three month supply by mail about the time I am about to run out, but in early April my supply ran out and nothing came.  Turns out there were insurance changes and a new type of approval was needed this year. Now I am very thankful for insurance as each pill without insurance costs about $300. As I take one $300 pill a day, do the math over a year and it gets unaffordably pricey.  So we jumped through hoops to get approved, but this put me off meds for 17 days.

Now Lisa can attest that when I am off only a couple days, I get violently sick when I go back on, vomiting and pain and just feeling crappy.  So I was nervous about what would happen after 17 days.

I asked my small group at church to pray and faithful that they are, they did. And God answered with a beautiful blessing.  When I went back on meds last Friday night, I had not one bit of sickness.  The normal side effects are back, but none of that gut wrenching vomiting that I hate so much when I react poorly.

So, I am thankful for my biohazard, toxic pills. They are a blessing from God.


1 comment:

Sarah E @ theteacherswife.com said...

Yes! Praise God for toxic pills and the testimony that you are to His healing! I'm glad that you didn't have any terrible reactions this time too!