Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Glimpses of Dad

I saw my dad in the mirror the other day.  I had caught glimpses of him recently, in reflections in the window or in quick glances at pictures that had been recently uploaded to the computer.   But last week, there he was.  Staring at me.  And I was staring at him.  Or you could say I was staring at the guy I had turned into.

It is hard to believe that next week I will be turning 43 years old.   Where have the last 20 years gone!   I still think of myself sometimes as 22, right out of college and a newlywed.  But time creeps on and before you know it, decades have passed.  My baby boy is in college.  My baby girl is driving a car.

And I find myself looking more and more like Dad.   And my brother James.   Which is not all bad.  I just hate all the new wrinkles that are coming with it.

No comments: