Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Best Gift I Ever Got

My son Nicholas wrote the following essay for school on the topic "What was the best gift you ever received?"   He's such a cool kid!


The Best Gift I Ever Got
by Nicholas Wright

Have you ever had someone who was willing to die for you?  Well I do.  When I was seven years old, I went to a backyard bible school.  It was there that I received the best gift of all time.  I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart.

We are separated from God by sin, but God loved us very much, so he sent his son, Jesus, to Earth.  While on Earth, he did a lot of miracles and taught many people.  The greatest thing he did was die on the cross for our sins so we could go to Heaven to live with God forever.

I need Jesus more than I need air to breathe.  Jesus is my very best friend.  To show that I love him, I spend time with him by going to church, praying and reading the Bible.

I've had a wonderful relationship with Jesus since I was seven and accepted him to live in my heart.  He is very important to me and I love him.  I do not know what I would do without my savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: