Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Monday, September 6, 2010

Trekking around the world to West Virginia

This year we hit up the Adam Hamrick family reunion in Clarksburg, WV over Labor Day weekend.   This is for my aunts and uncles and cousins, and with my mom being from a family of 14 kids, there are a lot of them.  This is the first time we have made it and I decided to make it a long trip.

We left on Wednesday and made our way to Harrisonburg for the night.  We got to spend a quick dinner with Daniel, who had just started classes that week.  He had a business class that night so we did not have much time, but it was so good to see him.

Thursday we trekked over to Seneca Rocks, doing Seneca Caverns and ending up in the Bright Morning Inn bed and breakfast for the night.



Friday we were supposed to do some White Water Rafting, but it was canceled due to river being so low, so we ended up visiting Canaan Valley and Blackwater Fall before heading to Clarksburg that evening, where we hooked up with Mom at my Aunt Fay's house.


The big day was Saturday.  I so love spending time with my family.  We hung at a park in Clarkburg, had a meal and then did an auction to raise money for next year's reunion.  What an excellent day.  The only downside is that ever time we get together with the family like this, I miss Dad so much.  I know how much he loved to be here in West Virginia with everyone.



We ended the night at my Uncle Nathan's and Aunt Francis' for a wienie roast and then headed back Sunday morning for home.

No comments: