Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Starver of gods

I read through a large part of the Old Testament last year, looking for signs of God's power and personality to make the Word fresh.  In doing so, I recorded many "names of God" based on what I read and experienced.   One that continues to stand out to me and awe me is from Zephaniah.  

Zephaniah 2:11:  "The LORD will be terrifying to them, for He will starve all the gods of the earth; and all the coastlands of the nations will bow down to Him, everyone from his own place."

Wow!  I love the picture in my head of all the "gods" (with a little "g") shrivelling up in the presence of our Almighty GOD, and then all the nations bowing down to Him.   From this verse I named God the "Starver of gods".   He will cause to waste away not only the idols of that time, but all the modern day idols we put in our lives today. 

Truly He is an awesome God!

No comments: