Ahh well, when I started this blog, it was a one year experiment to try out a bunch of different things. Do I blog about my life? Do I blog tips on things that interest me? Do I blog goofy things? It ended up being a compilation of many random things. The one year experiment ended and I got bored with it. My last post was the day before my birthday.
On January 15, I turned 44. Now being 44 holds many advantages and many disadvantages. The disadvantages include:
- that gray stuff in my beard.
- the "waddle" under my chin that I try to unsuccessfully make disappear when picture taking by stretching my neck (which results in being mocked by my children).
- the wrinkles that are growing longer and deeper on my face.
- the fact that I was once the youngest youth leader at my church and "cool", and now I am practically the oldest and only try miserably to "be cool".
- the age boxes I check on forms and stuff keep moving up.
- I have less time to procrastinate now on saving for retirement because it looms on the horizon.
- I now seem to prefer sleeping in a cabin than in a tent in the backwoods.
Now the advantages....ahh yes, there are so, so many. Getting older brings so many joys. Rather than list them here, I will be blogging about 44 things I have to be thankful for, starting the next blog post and continuing until the 44 are all listed, in no particular order. Hopefully I will make it through the list (see the first paragraph in this blog for why that might not happen.)
And to start the time off well, I will post some pictures of things that make me happy!
|My piraty kids|
|Patrick, the Boy Wonder|
|Lisa and I|
|Rub a dub dub dub, three Wright brothers in a tub!|
|Me and my favorite chick.|
|Me, Lisa and the Queen. What more can I ask for?|