Pages


Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Thursday, February 23, 2012

The year of 44

I am a terrible blogger.  Enough said.  I post only what amuses me.  And what amuses me usually has no interest to anyone else.  And I post infrequently. 

Ahh well, when I started this blog, it was a one year experiment to try out a bunch of different things.   Do I blog about my life?  Do I blog tips on things that interest me?  Do I blog goofy things?  It ended up being a compilation of many random things.  The one year experiment ended and I got bored with it.  My last post was the day before my birthday.

On January 15, I turned 44.  Now being 44 holds many advantages and many disadvantages.  The disadvantages include:
  • that gray stuff in my beard.
  • the "waddle" under my chin that I try to unsuccessfully make disappear when picture taking by stretching my neck (which results in being mocked by my children).
  • the wrinkles that are growing longer and deeper on my face.
  • the fact that I was once the youngest youth leader at my church and "cool", and now I am practically the oldest and only try miserably to "be cool".
  • the age boxes I check on forms and stuff keep moving up.
  • I have less time to procrastinate now on saving for retirement because it looms on the horizon.
  • I now seem to prefer sleeping in a cabin than in a tent in the backwoods.
I could go on, but that would be pointless and ultimately unfulfilling.

Now the advantages....ahh yes, there are so, so many.  Getting older brings so many joys.  Rather than list them here, I will be blogging about 44 things I have to be thankful for, starting the next blog post and continuing until the 44 are all listed, in no particular order.  Hopefully I will make it through the list (see the first paragraph in this blog for why that might not happen.)

And to start the time off well, I will post some pictures of things that make me happy!

My piraty kids

Patrick, the Boy Wonder

Lisa and I

Rub a dub dub dub, three Wright brothers in a tub!

Me and my favorite chick.

Me, Lisa and the Queen.  What more can I ask for?

1 comment:

Daniel said...

I think we need to find new pictures of me that make you happy.